- Where these policies conflict, USC policies will take precedence. Any changes to GSG Finance Policies must be approved by the GSG Executive Board and supported by Campus Activities.
- Any changes will be communicated directly to GSG Senators, posted on the GSG website, and emailed using the GSG Finance Newsletter. Organizations are responsible for following GSG communication streams for any updates or changes, and for holding Senators responsible for conveying vital information.
- Keep in mind that not all events are guaranteed funding even if they have been funded in the past.
- Policies change over time; only applications for events that adhere to the current GSG Finance Policies will be considered.
All Student Organizations that wish to apply for GSG funding must complete the separate university recognition workshop through Campus Activities to become Recognized Student Organizations (RSO).
GSG Online Finance Orientation
- At least one member from each RSO must complete the Finance Orientation in order to be eligible for GSG funding.
- Additionally, each individual who plans to submit a Budget Application on behalf of their RSO must complete the Finance Orientation.
- Thus, multiple individuals from a given RSO may complete the Finance Orientation to apply for funding.
- The GSG Finance Orientation consists of two parts:
- Review the online GSG Finance Orientation Presentation
- Complete the online GSG Finance Orientation Assessment
- The Assessment link is available following the end of the Orientation Presentation.
- There is no longer an in-person finance orientation requirement. Please note that there is no ‘deadline’ for completing the GSG Finance Orientation; rather, the Orientation must be completed before individuals submit their first Budget Applications of the year.
Calendar Submission Deadlines
This calendar outlines all Budget Application and Expense Request submission deadlines for the 2020-2021 academic year. The calendar takes into account application periods, University holidays, semester breaks, study days, exam days, and fiscal year deadlines.
- Approved Vendors List (Catering) UPDATED 10/27/17: This is the current list of approved vendors, but contracts change frequently. Before listing a vendor on your application, call the approved vendor to confirm they still accept POs from USC. USE APPROVED LOCATIONS ONLY. If POs not accepted, please email email@example.com with a document from the vendor confirming they no longer accept POs.
- Approved Vendors List (Non-Catering): This is the current list of approved vendors, but contracts change frequently. Before listing a vendor on your application, call the approved vendor to confirm they still accept POs from USC. If POs not accepts, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a document from the vendor confirming they no longer accept POs.
- 2020-2021 Student Affairs VP Approval Template – Required for any entertainment admission requests (e.g. Movie Tickets) or for any prizes/speaker gifts greater than $100 in value. Due with initial Application submission.
- GSG Recipient Memo – Required for any prize/speaker gift application requests. Due with Post Event materials.
- GSG Recipient Memo for Amazon Gift Cards – Required for any Amazon gift card application requests. Due with Post Event materials.
- GSG Transportation Memo – Required for any transportation requests involving passengers. Due with Post Event materials.
- INTENT_TO_USE_FORM_2020 – Required for Umbrellas to confirm use of remaining Umbrella Funds for Spring/Summer event funding. If an Intent to Use form is not submitted for an RSO, its Umbrella Funds are reallocated to other areas of the budget.
- 2020-2021 Umbrella Fund Disbursement Program (UFDP) – Optional program for Umbrella RSOs to receive Umbrella Funds in one lump disbursement through a cooperative department administrator and account.
- GSG Umbrella Fund Approval Memo – Required for any Sub-Umbrella or Independent RSOs applying for Umbrella Funds. The Umbrella must give written approval to be provided with the Sub-Umbrella’s or Independent’s application.
- GSG Umbrella Budget Template – Umbrella RSOs are required to provide a budget for Umbrella Fund use.
- Umbrella Fund Policy Template – Umbrella RSOs are required to provide access to their respective Umbrella Fund allocations to other RSOs with reasonable event plans for the related student populations. Umbrellas must have policies to guide RSOs through the request process. Approval of Umbrella Funds is at the Umbrellas’ discretion.
- Umbrella Fund RSO Application Template – Umbrellas may use this template for any RSO requests for Umbrella Funds. An RSO would submit this to the Umbrella Executive Board for review.
- Budget Management Tips – Coming Soon
- Event Planning Tips – Coming Soon
- Fundraising Tips – Coming Soon
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If your question is not answered by this FAQ page or by the other RSO funding resources on this website, please submit your question to email@example.com.