Spring 2018 – Upcoming GSG Events
GSG HSC No Straw Pledge– Join us in reducing plastic pollution and TAKE THE PLEDGE HERE to avoid using plastic straws for the month of April! (use your USC email to signup) Also use the hastag #GSGHSCnostrawpledge to post on Facebook or Instagram about ANY sustainability action you practice to reduce your environmental impact and be entered to win eco-friendly GSG swag!
- Beach Clean-up & Beach Yoga: Saturday, April 21st, 10am-1:30pm. Complete the waiver & registration here. Visit the Facebook Event Page here
- USC homelessness initiative at the Dworak-Peck School of Social Work
- Volunteer with the STEM Community Outreach for Graduate Students group: Teach and mentor minority middle school students to promote interest in STEM careers
- Graduate Student Involvement with GSG: View opportunities to get involved here
- Wine Tasting & Happy Hour: Friday, 4/13, 3:30-7:30pm, San Antonio Winery
Diversity & Advocacy
- Reclaiming our Roots- Identity and Resistance in Trump’s America: Saturday, 4/7, 10am-5:30pm @ the California African American Museum
- Queer Feminist Poet- Megan Falley: Monday, April 9th, 7pm @ UUC Basement. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions
- Spoken Justice: Thursday, April 19th, 7pm. Location TBD.
- Weekly Workouts on HSC:
- Wednesdays, 5:15-6:15pm, on BCC Lawn
Spring 2018 – Upcoming Recognized Student Organization Events
- School of Social Work Student Organization- Autism Acceptance Month Celebration: Friday, 4/20, 6pm @ MRF Hamovitch.
- Student Health Council’s 2018 MHA Banquet to celebrate this year’s graduating MHA and EMHA classes: Saturday, 4/28, 6pm @ Town & Gown
- Graduate Women in Science Biweekly meetings- Contact email@example.com for location and time of their next meeting
- Code On! Club that provides free introductory training on various programming languages, including Python and R (geared towards biological data analysis). Every other Wednesday, 5:30-6:30pm, Norman Topping Tower (NTT) 4444 (on HSC). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if interested