Fall 2017 – Upcoming GSG Events
Diversity & Equity
- Spoken Justice: Spoken word event with a focus on identity and social justice issues. Thursday, 11/16, 6:30-8pm, Tommy’s Place.
- International Students Thanksgiving Dinner @ UPC: Tuesday, Nov 22nd, time TBD
- HSC Women’s Faculty Panel: Discussion on the experiences of women in various healthcare professions. Nov 29th. 12-1pm, Location TBD
- HSC Hike to Eaton Canyon Waterfall: Nov 11th, 10am. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
- Thanksgiving Dinner @ HSC + Holiday Card Making: Thursday, Nov 16th, tentatively 5:30pm
- Volunteer with the STEM Community Outreach for Graduate Students group: Teach and mentor minority middle school students to promote interest in STEM careers
- Art-Full Aging: Month-long intergenerational art program for patients with Parkinson’s Disease: Wednesdays, 2-3:30pm, Jan 10th, 17th, 24th, and 31st, 2018, @ Belmont Villages in Westwood: 10475 Wilshire Blvd, LA, 90024. Signup here.
- Graduate Student Involvement with GSG: View opportunities to get involved here
- Weekly Workouts:
- HSC-Wednesdays, 5:30-6:30pm, on BCC Lawn
- UPC- Mondays, 5-6:30pm, at Founders Park next to Bovard
Fall 2017 – Upcoming Recognized Student Organization Events
- ASSM Sleep Hygiene Lunch Talk: Tuesday, 11/14, 12-1pm, MHC 156 (on HSC)
- Clinical Ultrasound Student Interest Group- Lunch Talk with USC Ultrasound Fellows: Wednesday, 11/15, 12pm, MKC 256
- Student Industry Association- Industry Night: Get exposed to different career pathways in the industry setting. Thursday, 11/16, 7pm, PSC 104. Facebook event page.
- Pegasus Spec Society: Philosophy grad students can present their work and get peer feedback. Friday, 11/17 and 12/1, 12pm, THH 209.
- USC Hindu Student Organization Malibu Temple Trip: Saturday, 11/18, 9am. Facebook event page.
- School of Social Work Student Organization #hastagcarepackages:Help create care packages for the homeless. Sunday, 11/19, 10am, Gabilan Courtyard.
- OT/PT Forum: Dinner reception followed by interdisciplinary collaboration through case studies presented by experienced practitioners. Monday, 11/20, 5:30pm, CHP Patio & G37.
- Code On! Club that provides free introductory training on various programming languages, including Python and R (geared towards biological data analysis). Every Wednesday, 5:30-6:30pm, Norman Topping Tower (NTT) 4444 (on HSC). Contact email@example.com if interested
- Graduate Women in Science, Los Angeles Chapter: Recruiting new committee members! Check out their Facebook group