This is NOT the branding requirement page for organizations requesting GSG funds.
Student Org requesting funds should refer to the Publicity and Branding Guidelines for Funded Programs.
- All advertisements must display the GSG Banner
- All images within the flyer must be at least 300 dpi
- Flyers must be exported as a 300 dpi JPEG image
- A Facebook Event must be created through the GSG Facebook Page.
- Event publicity must adhere to Newsletter Guidelines in order to be included in the Weekly Newsletter.
- Attached JPEG Flyer following all GSG Events Branding Guidelines.
- The Facebook Event Link created through the GSG Facebook Page.
- A 50 words or less description of the event on the body of the email
- For University Park Campus email email@example.com
- For Health Science Campus email firstname.lastname@example.org
GSG Branding Guidelines
The following are the creteria for all GSG Event Advertisements:
Newsletter Guidelines for GSG Events
The following must be included in the email to the Directors of Communication:
Email Subject Line: [Date of Event: mm/dd/yy]-[Name of Event]- GSG NEWSLETTER ADVERTISEMENT
Example: 08/25/17 – March for Equality – GSG Newsletter Advertisement
Banner Placement for GSG Events
All GSG Events must use the banners in their advertisements. Banner must span across the whole page and have no other content on top of the banner. Opaque and Solid Banner options provided must be placed as shown below:
Downloadable GSG Banners
Rule of 3
Whenever possible, GSG flyers should strive to follow the rule of 3. Though it seems restrictive, adhering to these rules will improve the general aesthetic of your design:
3 Colors Per Design
No more than 3 color combinations per design. This count includes the background, the font, and other elements within the design. The use of the colors black and white also count towards this number. Exceptions to this rule are flyers using a photo as their main background. The colors displayed in the photo do not count towards this number.
3 Font Types Per Design
No more than 2 fonts and no more than 3 font variations used on the design. Example of font variations: Italic, Bold, Regular.
3 Font Sizes Per Design
No more than 3 font sizes should be used on a design. It is recommended to use the largest size for the header/title, one size for the body, and one size for the event details such as location, date, hour, etc.
Each of these fonts offers a wide range of weights, allowing for small and digital use without degradation and express the classic, academic and collegiate qualities of the USC brand. Correct and consistent use of these official typefaces helps reinforce GSG’s brand identity.