About the Symposium:
The Annual Graduate Research Symposium showcases research produced by USC graduate students from all disciplines, across both the UPC and HSC campuses. Participating students have an opportunity to share their work with an interdisciplinary audience and to connect with colleagues from across the university. The best presentations will be selected by a panel of esteemed USC faculty, and will receive a generous monetary award.
This year we received over 70 abstracts in four different categories. The abstracts were reviewed by the Graduate Research Symposium Committee and participating graduate students were selected to present their work on February 20 (HSC) and February 21 (UPC).
On behalf of GSG Academic Affairs, we are pleased to announce the official results of the 11th Annual GSG Graduate Research Symposium:
Judges: Professor Lizath (Liz) Aguiniga, Professor Martine Culty, Professor Weiming Yuan, Dr Kim Staats, Dr Manmeet Raval
- 1st Place: Hsu-Yu (Camille) Chen
- 2nd Place: Jordanna Jayne and Xiaojing Shi
- 3rd Place: Joseph G Skeate
- The award committee also recognized Jacqueline Chen and Jenny Park for their remarkable presentation.
Judges: Professor Geraldine Fiss, Professor Chris Finley
- 1st Place: Angela Kim
- 2nd Place: Michael Anthony Turcios
- 3rd Place: Emmett Harsin Drager
Judges: Professor Laura Davis, Professor Sheila Banuelos, Professor Jillian Pierson
- 1st Place: Carol Iskiwitch
- 2nd Place: Stefanie Demetriades
- 3rd Place: Liane Hypolite
Judges: Professor Sathyanaraya Raghavachary, Professor Rebecca Broyer, Professor Zhang
- 1st Place: Joycelyn Yip
- 2nd Place: Jitendra Gurjar and Lindsay Bassman
- 3rd Place: John Mac and Sean O’Cannell
Information about the 12th annual Graduate Research Symposium (for the 2019-2020 academic year) will be posted online early fall 2019.
Contact the Director of Academic Affairs at email@example.com with any questions.