July 13, 2018
- Policy Updates:
- Minor grammatical corrections
- Included clause #1 under General Policies
- Included clause #23 under the Processing Phase
- Hyperlinks and resources will be incorporated shortly.
July 9, 2018 (edited 7.10.18)
- 2018-2019 GSG Finance Policies have been released! Check out the Finance Policies page. Some updates include:
- The Budget Application and Expense Request forms have been combined. This will reduce deadlines to 4 weeks!
- We have divided the year into two application periods to prevent overusing funds during a single semester. The Fall Application Period runs August-October and the Spring Application Period runs October-April.
- Applicants will still be expected to follow the 2018-2019 Calendar of Submission Deadlines.
- Umbrella Organizations will be expected to provide an annual budget, published policies for RSOs to request their respective Umbrella Funds, and a general organization email. Ideally these will be ready (or drafted) by the second week of the fall semester.
- GSG will now fund promotional items like t-shirts and printing costs. Gifts cards may also be requested.
- Honoraria (payments for speaker fees) have been discontinued due to logistical issues. Only physical gifts or gift cards are allowable requests.
- Amazon is now an approved vendor!
- Additional updates may be made to policy language as we continue to work with Campus Activities.
- Sign up for our new GSG Finance Newsletter to receive notifications for reliable updates on funding!
- Major policy changes and additions will be summarized for the first issue.
- The Newsletter will also provide information on Travel Grants Program, Emergency Fund Program, and Childcare Subsidy Grants Program.
- The 2018-2019 Finance Orientation and Assessment will be available soon. Watch for updates in the next week.
- The Umbrella Fund Disbursement Program (UFDP, formerly OFDP) will be available within the next week.
- Web Updates
- A new temporary online application portal will launch August 1st
- The current Finance pages will be under construction for cosmetic updates
- New pages and resources will become available over time
Direct any questions or concerns to the Director of Finance – Education and Access at email@example.com