September 14, 2017
- The Post-Event Form is live! All organizations must formally submit the post-event form for any events that have already taken place this semester. No post-event materials should be sent through email moving forward and should only be submitted through this form.
- DEADLINES – This is a friendly reminder to reference the Calendar of Submission Deadlines for all applications. We are STRICTLY enforcing deadlines and have unfortunately denied several late applications. Keep in mind that an approved budget application is NOT a guarantee for funding, and that funding may be LOST if the expense request is not submitted on time, or Smart and Final appointments are not scheduled on time.
- RECOGNITION – We are actively checking recognition status of all organizations applying for funding. If you are concerned about your applications, please upload your recognition paperwork to the application or email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org indicating that you have completed the requirements for recognition and are waiting for your paperwork to be processed by Campus Activities.
- Tailgates – we have been informed that tailgate events are the only exception to the policy prohibiting the purchase of raw food items. Raw food items may be purchased for tailgate events ONLY and all university policies regarding tailgates MUST be followed.
- New Finance Resources – Based on student feedback, we are in the process of preparing guides for how to use Joint Funding, how to request Open IRs, and how to enter speakers into the Kuali vendor system (FOR DEPARTMENT ADMINISTRATOR USE). Until these new resources are available, please direct any questions to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
September 8, 2017
- The Post-Event Form will launch Monday, September 11th. Our hardworking IT team has completed the form and is now in the testing phase before launching. Please continue to send all necessary post-event materials to email@example.com until this form is available.
- The Finance Orientation has been updated! Based on student feedback, we have corrected confusing language and clarified our policies in the orientation. It is not necessary for students who have already completed the orientation assessment to retake the updated version. Please just familiarize yourself with the minor updates.
- Recognition Status: We will now be checking recognition status during the review process. If you are not active on EngageSC, we will not be able to provide you funding. If you have completed recognition requirements, but have not yet received your recognition paperwork, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com if you are concerned for any recent applications.
- Office hours and committee meetings: Director of Finance E&A Office Hours on Mondays from 2-3pm in SKS 410; HSC Director of Finance Office Hours on Mondays from 12-1pm in Seaver Hall (HSC); Director of Finance D&R Office Hours by appointment (firstname.lastname@example.org) in SKS 410; Finance Committee meets Mondays from 3-4pm in SKS 410 (please email email@example.com if interested).
August 29, 2017
- The release date for the Post-Event Form has been postponed. Please see the following instructions: If your event occurs before this form is available, please contact our Director of Finance – Disbursements and Reconciling at firstname.lastname@example.org with all receipts, final invoices, and memos. Title your email “Post Event Materials for Budget App#__” and reference your organization name, your event name and date, your budget app# and expense request#(s). At a later date, we may request that you formally submit a Post-Event Form when it is available.
- Advertise events by following the guidelines for GSG branding and by following the submission instructions here. Please disregard broken advertising links in the application and expense request forms, as we are still in the process of updating those.
- Recognition Status: all organizations requesting funding must be able to provide their recognition paperwork following the last makeup workshop on Sept. 5th, provided through Campus Activities.
August 18, 2017
- The GSG office has moved from TCC 224 to SKS 410 (the Campus Activities office). This is the building between the Student Union and TCC buildings, the same building where the ballrooms, Moreton Fig, and Admissions is located. Take the elevator up to the 4th floor, and the office is on your left. Physical copies of IRs may be picked up at this location. HSC organizations may request to have their IRs transferred to HSC by filling out the IR Transfer Request Form form provided on the Organizational Funding page.
- Edits have been made to the Budget Application and Expense Request: a direct payment option, Internal Billing Requisition (IBR), has been added to both forms as payment to Facilities Management Services (FMS). Keep in mind that quotes from FMS may take time to generate, so you should request a quote as far in advance as possible, so that it is ready for your expense request. All FMS payments must be requested as the FULL AMOUNT; FMS will NOT accept partial payments. This means that we are not offering the payment option of IR to a department as payment for FMS.
- Minimum requirements for quotes to be accepted: a good quote includes the vendor name and logo, quote/invoice#, a payable address for the vendor, phone and email if available. If you cannot find a phone or email contact, simply input the GSG email and phone number as place holders. The quote information must be clear and legible. Most vendors, including Express Catering, must be called in order to obtain a formal quote. In the event you cannot obtain a formal quote, include all necessary information in an organized excel file and upload as a PDF.
- Minor edits to policy language and to the online orientation are still in progress. Please check back later for more updates.
August 15, 2017
- Applicants are encouraged to document or screenshot budget applications before submitting. The new forms do not yet have the capability to send applicants copies. The confirmation message will be updated to include more information in the near future. Decision emails will begin to include more details to compensate.
- Minor language has been updated on the Organizational Funding page for clarification.
- An updated Calendar of Submission Deadlines has been provided. RSOs are expected to abide by the deadlines outlined in the calendar, which takes into account that the Finance Committee only reviews applications on Mondays. Holidays and breaks are also considered in the Calendar.
- After receiving some feedback from students and administrators, some edits are in progress to the online Finance Orientation, Budget Application, and Expense Request (minor formatting issues, inclusion of FMS payment). The updated versions should be available by August 19th. These updates will not affect past submissions or orientation scores.
- Minor changes to language in the Finance Policies are in progress and will be available by August 19th. Changes are only for clarification purposes.
August 9, 2017
- New online Expense Request is finally live! All approved applicants should submit the expense request immediately for any events taking place in the first couple weeks of the semester. If you are concerned about placing a vendor order on time, please contact email@example.com.
- For any organizations struggling with recognition status, please know we are funding initial requests up until August 29th, regardless of your recognition status. We expect all organizations to check their 2017-2018 recognition status on EngageSC and follow up with Campus Activities with any issues. All organizations must be recognized to receive funding past August 29th, the makeup date of the recognition workshop.
- We have received useful feedback from students on our policies, orientation, and applications. We will be working to clarify information and improve the forms in the coming weeks. Please feel free to send any questions, concerns, or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. For organizations primarily located at the HSC campus, feel free to contact email@example.com.
September 9, 2017
- Tentative launch date for new online Post-Event Form
July 24, 2017
- Finance Update: based on our incoming Budget Applications, we would like to emphasize that you should only use whole numbers in numerical fields. Do not include decimals or percent symbols.
- The expected graduate student attendance is the number of graduate students, not the percentage of the total attendance.
- If an item cost includes change, simply round to the nearest dollar amount. Remember, you can always spend less than your approved budget, but never more!
July 22, 2017
- New online Budget Application is now live! You should use a laptop or desktop computer to submit applications as smaller devices may not be compatible with all of the application fields.
- See Calendar of Submission Deadlines located under Funding Resources to know when to apply for your events. An exception to the Budget Application and Expense Request deadlines has been made for events taking place during the first two weeks of the fall semester ONLY, as the launch date of our applications occurred later than expected.
- Our new application has been constructed from scratch by our wonderful team in the Provost IT department. Please be aware that there may be initial bugs we may need to address. Before submitting your application, it is recommended that you screenshot your application for your records. The submission confirmation screen should give you the number of your application, which you should write down for your convenience, before redirecting your to the Organizational Funding page.
If you have any trouble with your submission, please immediately contact the Director of Finance – Education and Approvals at firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free aslo to contact the Director to give feedback on the construction of the new form and its usability. We hope you will be patient with us as we continue to improve the GSG funding process.
July 10, 2017
- Updated GSG Finance Policies have been posted to the Finance Policies page
- New Online GSG Finance Orientation available on the Finance Orientation page
- Funding Process updated and new Funding Resources added to this, the Organizational Funding page.
- Umbrella Organizational Funding Distribution Program (OFDP) agreement available for the 2017-2018 academic year. Agreement provided on this page under Funding Resources – Additional Forms. Email completed agreements to email@example.com (cc firstname.lastname@example.org) to receive disbursements.
- Calendar of Submission Deadlines now provided on this page under Funding Resources to guide organizations on when to apply for events within the given deadlines.
Direct any questions or concerns to the Director of Finance – Education and Approvals at email@example.com