Childcare Subsidy Grants Program
The USC Graduate Student Government (GSG) provides a limited number of awards in the amount of $1,400 to assist eligible student parents with the cost of childcare.
Full-time graduate students in good standing, who have primary childcare responsibilities for a child in the infant through pre-school age range may apply. Proof of dependency relationship will be required. Postdoctoral fellows are not eligible.
Doctoral students in science and engineering disciplines are not eligible, and should instead apply for assistance through USC Women in Science and Engineering: https://wise.usc.edu/.
Students are eligible for a maximum of two grants, which must be awarded in two different semesters.
Applications for Spring 2018 grants must be received by 11:59 PM (Pacific Time) on October 15, 2017.
Applications must be completed and submitted via the online system. A complete application should include:
- Personal statement describing the applicant’s current academic and professional status and goals, with explanation of how the grant award will advance those goals.
- STARS report, demonstrating good academic standing.
- Copy of proof of the dependency relationship (i.e. birth certificate).
- Copy of the childcare facility’s state license.
- Proof of child’s enrollment in that facility.
Applicants must demonstrate a strong justification for how receipt of funds will serve to advance their academic and professional goals.
Applications will be reviewed in the fall for spring semester grants, and in the spring for the following fall. After eligibility has been confirmed, applications will be evaluated based on the strengths of the personal statement and on the applicant’s perceived need.
The award will be paid out in a single lump sum grant, typically during the second month of the semester.
Questions can be directed to the GSG Director of Campus Affairs: email@example.com.