Childcare Subsidy Grants Program
The USC Graduate Student Government (GSG) provides a limited number of awards in the amount of $1,400 to assist eligible student parents with the cost of childcare.
All graduate students in good standing who pay the Graduate Student Programming Fee and have primary childcare responsibilities for a child in the infant through pre-school age range may apply. Children must be enrolled at a state-certified daycare program. Proof of dependency relationship will be required. Postdoctoral fellows are not eligible.
Doctoral students in science and engineering disciplines are not eligible, and should instead apply for assistance through USC Women in Science and Engineering: http://wise.usc.edu/our-programs/grants-and-awards/faculty/child-care-subsidy/. The deadline for this application is September 17, 2018.
Students are eligible for a maximum of two grants, which must be awarded in two different semesters.
Applications for Fall 2018 grants must be received by 11:59 PM (Pacific Time) on September 14, 2018.
Apply using the GSG Grants Portal.
Applications must be completed and submitted via the online system. A complete application should include:
- Personal statement describing the applicant’s current academic and professional status and goals, with explanation of how the grant award will advance those goals.
- STARS report, demonstrating good academic standing.
- Fall 2018 Graduate Student Government Fee proof of payment.
- Copy of proof of the dependency relationship (e.g. birth certificate).
- Copy of the childcare facility’s state license.
- Proof of child’s enrollment in that facility.
Applicants must demonstrate a strong justification for how receipt of funds will serve to advance their academic and professional goals.
After eligibility has been confirmed, applications will be evaluated based on the strengths of the personal statement and on the applicant’s perceived need. Decisions will be made by September 28, 2018.
Recipients can expect the award to be paid out in a single lump sum grant in October 2018.
Questions can be directed to the GSG Director of Campus Affairs: email@example.com.